– Fillings are used to replace tooth structure that has been lost, either through decay or trauma. From traditional metal to the latest in white filling technology. We provide a variety of options that suits your budget and requirements.
– If a tooth requires a large filling we may decide to fit a filling constructed by one of our laboratory technicians. This is to provide superior strength or aesthetics.
Crowns and Bridges
– Crowns or “caps” are used to strengthen and restore a broken down tooth. They can be made so that they are virtually indistinguishable from your natural teeth. The procedure involves trimming a tooth down, then taking a mould of your teeth so that our lab can make a cap which fits over the top of your tooth. A bridge is a false tooth that we stick to a natural tooth next to it. This is a great option if you have lost a tooth through injury or decay!
Root Canal Treatment
– Sometimes if a tooth is severely broken or decayed it may become infected. If there is enough healthy tooth left we can treat the tooth by removing the nerve of the tooth and then placing a rubber filling. We then may decide to put a crown on top of the tooth to strengthen it further.
– These are false teeth that can be removed. These are normally a good, more cost effective option for someone who has lost a few or all of their teeth. They can be made out of plastic, metal or a combination.
Periodontal (Gum Disease and Bad Breath) therapy
– Gum disease can cause your teeth to become loose and eventually be lost. We can help to try and prevent this from occurring by cleaning the mouth thoroughly also giving you the advice you need to maintain a healthy mouth at home. Please also ask your dentist also about combating bad breath.
During routine examination we look for any abnormalities including oral cancer as well.